New to Pilates? Here's all you need to know.
What is the Pilates Method?
Developed in the early 1900s, the Pilates Method (or Contrology) is a tried and true exercise method of body condition, through a system of stretching and strengthening exercises, helps develop a uniformly healthy mind, body and life.
Why Pilates? Benefits of Pilates
· Improves posture
· Strengthens, tones and stretches muscles
· Flattens abdominal wall and trims waistline
· Provides flexibility and balance
· Unites the body and mind towards overall fitness and mastery of the body
Who is Pilates great for?
· Athletes (for performance, recovery or injury prevention)
· Pre and Post Natal (toning the body and repairing musculature post labor)
· Professionals who work at a desk or over anyone –e.g. dentist, office associate, software engineer (helps improve posture, relieve tightness and back pain)
What results can I expect?
“Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.” –Joseph Pilates
· As recommended by Joseph Pilates, if the Contrology exercises are regular performed 4x a week for 3 months, your body will change. You will see an increase in muscle tone, an improvement in posture, a lengthening and leaning out of body shape, and an increased mastery of mind over body and a lesser dependence on reflexes to control the movement of your body.
“In 10 sessions you will feel the difference, in 20 sessions you will see the difference, in 30 sessions you will have a whole new body.” – Joseph Pilates